A rezoning application has been submitted for a site at 809 West 41st Avenue, at the Northwest corner of 41st and Willow, just East of the now approved redevelopment of the Oakridge Transit Centre site. The site is currently improved with the Oakmont Medical Building, built in 1965.
The proposal is to allow for the development of a 18-storey rental building with ground floor commercial retail space. The proposal includes:
- 131 market rental units (20% of floor area as moderate income housing);
- 70 one-bedrooms, 43 two-bedrooms & 18 three-bedrooms;
- 6,200 SF of retail space on the ground floor;
- A total density of 7.14 FSR;
- A building height of 194 ft.with additional height for a rooftop amenity space
- 85 vehicle parking spaces and 254 bicycle parking spaces.
The architect for the project is Arno Matis Architecture.
The site was sold in 2017 for $30,750,000, or $256 per buildable SF.