Kunyuan International has submitted a rezoning application for a 16,143 SF site at 8804 Osler St, just West of Oak Street and Marine Drive. The site sits in the same block as another condo project currently under construction fronting Marine Drive, 8888 Osler. The site is currently improved with an older two-storey strip commercial building.
The proposal is to allow for the development of a 6-storey woodframe condo building. The zoning would change from MC-1 (Industrial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. This proposal includes:
- 38 condo units;
- 16 one-bedrooms, 15 two-bedrooms, 8 three-bedrooms;
- 7,018 SF of ground floor retail space;
- A total density of 3.05 FSR;
- A building height of 80 ft.;
- 59 vehicle parking spaces and 91 bicycle parking spaces.
The application is being considered under the Marpole Community Plan.
The architect for the project is DA Architects & Planners.