An annual list recognizing BC employers for how well they treat employees was released last week, and it gives businesses special kudos for strong responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The list is compiled by Mediacorp Canada, and looks at the physical workspace, work atmosphere and social scene, benefits, vacation time, communication, performance management, training, and community involvement.
– See also: Netflix to open office in Canada, hiring dedicated content executive $3.5M USD raised for TikTok-style video dating app tailored for Gen Z
– Netflix to open office in Canada, hiring dedicated content executive
– $3.5M USD raised for TikTok-style video dating app tailored for Gen Z
According to Mediacorp, businesses stepping up with comprehensive pandemic responses have played an important role in keeping both employees and the larger community safe.
“Clear lines of communication and accountability have enabled these employers to create positive outcomes – even in the face of the pandemic’s daunting challenges,” Richard Yerema, managing editor of the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project, said in a news release.
Here are the BC employers named on the list in alphabetical order:
– Amazon Canada
– Aquatic Informatics Inc.
– Arrow Transportation Systems Inc.
– BC Assessment
– BC Centre for Ability
– BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
– BC Housing Management Commission
– BC Hydro
– BC Infrastructure Benefits Inc. / BCIB
– BC Pension Corporation
– BC Public Service
– BC Transit
– Bellin Treasury Services Ltd.
– Best Buy Canada Ltd.
– British Columbia Automobile Association / BCAA
– British Columbia Ferry Services Inc. / BC Ferries
– British Columbia Institute of Technology / BCIT
– British Columbia Investment Management Corporation / BCI
– British Columbia Liquor Distribution Branch
– British Columbia Lottery Corporation / BCLC
– British Columbia Maritime Employers Association / BCMEA
– British Columbia Utilities Commission
– Calabrio, Inc.
– Canadian Union of Public Employees British Columbia / CUPE BC
– Canfor Corporation
– Capilano University
– Capital Regional District, The / CRD
– Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia / CPABC
– Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
– Coast Mental Health
– College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia, The
– Concert Properties Ltd.
– Copperleaf Technologies Inc.
– Coquitlam, City of
– Delta Police Department
– Dentons Canada LLP
– DLA Piper (Canada) LLP
– Douglas College
– DP World (Canada) Inc.
– Engineers and Geoscientists BC
– ESIT Advanced Solutions Inc.
– Family Insurance Solutions Inc.
– FinancialCAD Corporation / FINCAD
– Finning International Inc.
– Fraser Health Authority
– Greater Vancouver Food Bank
– Great Little Box Company, The
– Hemmera Envirochem Inc.
– Houle Electric Limited
– Industry Training Authority / ITA
– Interior Health Authority
– Jacob Bros Construction Inc.
– Kabam Games, Inc.
– Knight Piésold Ltd.
– Kwantlen Polytechnic University
– LandSure Systems Ltd.
– Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia
– Lawson Lundell LLP
– Mott MacDonald Canada Limited
– Nature’s Path Foods, Inc.
– Nicola Wealth Management Ltd.
– Northern Health
– North Vancouver, Corporation of the District of
– Oppenheimer Group
– Perkins&Will Canada Architects Co.
– Plenty of Fish
– Providence Health Care
– QHR Technologies
– Raymond James Ltd.
– R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.
– SAP Canada Inc.
– Save-On-Foods Limited Partnership
– Silver Chef Rentals Inc.
– Simon Fraser University
– Sophos Inc.
– SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc.
– St. George’s School
– Surrey School District No. 36
– Talk Shop Media Inc. / TSM
– Teck Resources Limited
– TELUS Communications Inc.
– TransLink (South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority)
– Tybo Contracting Ltd.
– UBC / University of British Columbia
– University of Northern British Columbia
– University of the Fraser Valley / UFV
– Vancouver Airport Authority
– Vancouver, City of
– Vancouver Community College / VCC
– Vancouver Foundation
– Vancouver Island University
– Victoria Airport Authority
– Wesgroup Equipment LP
– West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
– Zymeworks Inc.