Environment Canada has issued a weather warning for parts of Metro Vancouver ahead of “heavy” snowfall expected on Saturday.
The alert was issued early this morning, and is in effect for several areas:
- Metro Vancouver – central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
Between five and 10 centimetres of snow is expected to accumulate Saturday morning before easing in the afternoon. Snow will be heavy at times, the alert notes.
Environment Canada warns that drivers should prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions.
Surfaces, such as highways, roads, walkways, and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to the accumulating snow.