A rezoning application has been submitted by Point Grey Developments for the site at 5 West 2nd Avenue, the Big City’s Autobody site at the Northwest corner of West 2nd and Ontario in the Southeast False Creek area of Vancouver.
The site has been owned by a local family since the 1960’s.
The proposal is to allow for the development of an 18-storey rental building with commercial uses at grade. The zoning would change from M-2 to CD and the project includes:
- 122 market rental units;
- 20% of the residential floor area assigned to moderate income households;
- 21 studios, 57 one-bedrooms, 36 two-bedrooms & 8 three-bedrooms;
- 4,893 SF of retail space at grade;
- A density of 7.77 FSR;
- A building height of 181 ft.;
- 53 parking spaces and 232 bicycle spaces.
The architect for the project is MA+HG Architects Inc.