Peterson Group have submitted a rezoning application for a site at 1375-1379 Kingsway.
The 12,010 SF C-2 zoned site is located on the south end of a triangular-shaped block at the corner of Kingsway and Knight Street.
The proposal is to allow for the development of a new 6-storey rental building. Details include:
- 49 market rental units;
- 20 studios, 11 one-bedrooms, 15 two-bedrooms & 3 three-bedrooms;
- 5,900 SF of retail space;
- A total density of 3.80 FSR;
- A building height of 79 ft.;
- 34 vehicle parking spaces and 98 bicycle parking spaces.
The application is being considered under the Secured Market Housing Policy (Rental 100).
The architect for the project is Yamamoto Architecture.
The site was acquired in 2018 for $8,250,000, or $173 per buildable SF based on the application.