Bosa Properties, in partnership with Kingswood Properties, has submitted their rezoning application for the site they own at the Southwest corner of Alberni Street and Bidwell; half a block East of Denman Street in the West End of Vancouver.
The site is an assembly of two existing strata residential properties. The smaller strata building at 735 Bidwell was acquired in 2015 for $43,680,000.
The proposal, entitled “1700 Alberni” is to allow for the development of two residential towers (30-storey east tower and 34-storey west tower) over a five-storey mixed-used podium. The zoning would change from RM-5C to CD-1 District. The proposal includes:
- 401 condo units;
- 12 studios, 160 one-bedrooms, 199 two-bedrooms & 30 three-bedrooms;
- 14,700 SF of ground floor retail;
- a 24-space childcare facility;
- A total density of 10.88 FSR;
- Building heights of 345 ft. for the east tower and 385 ft. for the west tower;
- 499 vehicle parking spaces, 20 visitor parking spaces, 3 commercial parking spaces, 2 childcare parking spaces, and 524 bicycle parking spaces
The application is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for the West End.
The full rezoning application can be viewed here: https://shapeyourcity.ca/1728-alberni-st-and-735-bidwell-st