There is good news for intra-company transfer (ICT) visa holders! You are now able to apply for a further 24 months in South Africa.
A new directive was passed on the 26th of October 2020. Directive 15 of 2020 allows for re-application of an ICT visa which extends one’s secondment for a further 24 months. This was done by the SA government in an effort to stimulate economic recovery as there is a continued need for foreign skilled labour and foreign investment.
Who qualifies to apply for the extra 24 months?
ICT visa holders with visas that expired during the lockdown or that will expire by 31 June 2021 will be eligible to apply for the additional two years in South Africa.
Please note that this is for individuals who have been resident in South Africa during the lockdown period.
What are the conditions?
The re-application of the ICT visa, whereby another 24 months may be granted, is subject to certain conditions:
- Proof that the SA entity still requires the services of the ICT visa holder.
- Proof that the skill transfer to the SA local was completed as per the initial undertaking.
- The application will be considered a new application with no accumulation and no continuation of the validity period of the current visa.
- The ICT visa will not lead to permanent residency in South Africa.
- The applicant will remain in the employment of the designated employer as per the initial application.
- There’ll be no change of employer, position, status or condition from current visa.
Want to see if you are eligible for the extension?
There are many intricacies when it comes to immigration matters in South Africa and this directive is no different. We recommend having a specialist to guide you through it all. So why not get in touch with us for a FREE eligibility assessment?
Give us a call on +27 (0) 21 424 2460 or email us at email@example.com.
Our team looks forward to hearing from you and assisting you to extend your stay in South Africa for a further two years!